Home automation is so popular that if you do not have some form of home automation in your home you are in the minority. In the last year alone, around 30 million households adopted some element of smart home technology. But what is it and why is the industry growing so quickly?
Really, What is Home Automation?
It’s the automation of home activities and processes with a centralized control of those processes. Key aspects of home automation include the automation of and ability to monitor and control lighting, heating, appliances, and security. Connecting, automating, and centralizing control of these things provides added safety, convenience, and energy savings.
There Are So Many Reasons People are Opting In
A recent industry study found that 68% of Americans expect smart homes to be as common as smartphones by 2015, and that expectation is more than realistic. Another study predicts that the typical family home will have an average of 500 smart devices by 2022. There are some very understandable reasons for this explosive growth. Here are just a few.
- Affordability– The cost of home automation has come down from the prices at its advent. This is because the components are more widely produced, mass produced, and much more available than ever. More product manufacturers are offering options in smart, connected, products and with more options, the prices become more competitive.
- Enhanced Security-– Enhanced safety is one of the primary reasons residents buy home automation systems. Every 18 seconds, a burglary happens somewhere in the US. The ability to remotely check on smart camera feeds, lock and unlock doors, use video doorbells, and use smart lighting as well as get alerts all add to security and peace of mind.
- Increased Safety– Home automation features also form a system that increases safety whether it is lighting your way when you get home at night or helping monitor an aged loved one with motion sensors.
- Energy Savings– Heating and cooling accounts for 48% of an average home’s energy use and costs. Smart home features such as smart thermostats, smart lighting, and connected appliances all help control energy and cut costs.
- Convenience– Smart technologies allow you to offload a multitude of time-sucking tasks to a system which you can schedule to perform or have learned your routines and respond accordingly. This allows for a more productive and enjoyable lifestyle.
Alarmingly Affordable offers intelligent systems so you are connected, at home or on the go. Contact us today to learn more or schedule a free in the home analysis.
Latest posts by Steven Capogna (see all)
- Hotel Security Basics: Creating a Secure and Enjoyable Experience for Guests - December 20, 2019
- Smart Cameras: How To Catch Package Thieves in the Act - December 5, 2019
- Fireproofing Your Home For the Winter - December 1, 2019